Microsoft PowerApps allows organisations to build business apps and extend or customise their existing apps by making use of Microsoft’s enhanced mobile app building platform, released early last year.
If you are still wondering what PowerApps is and how it can help your business, we have compiled a list of seven good-to-know facts.
1. PowerApps is essentially a Platform as a Service (Paas) and a mobile app. There is also a web version of PowerApps, which runs through any modern web browser instead of a mobile app.
2. PowersApp comes included in the Office 365 Enterprise E1 or above subscription. It is designed to be used for business apps with internal use only and not consumer consumption due to its licensing model.
3. Businesses can build apps and publish to a variety of platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows 10 (Modern Apps), as well as the web. You don’t need to create separate apps for each operating system, which reduces development costs and resources.
SharePoint Online: A cloud-based service, hosted by Microsoft, for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can subscribe to an Office 365 plan or to the standalone SharePoint Online service. Your employees can create sites to share documents and information with colleagues, partners, and customers. Give Office a try.
4. All apps designed with PowerApps run through the main application. It means that PowerApps is a container that makes mobile apps easier to use across mobile platforms. You don’t need additional resources to run apps after creation.
5. PowerApps provides a nice drag-and-drop user interface. You can add different controls, media, forms, and screens to build a mobile app for your business. Applications made with PowerApps can be anything from simple to complex.
6. PowerApps allows users to use a common data service meaning it is then ready to go and easy to use.
Create powerful apps that span productivity and business data. Customise SharePoint Online, use PowerApps with Microsoft Teams, and build apps on Dynamics 365. Click here for more info.
Decision Inc Immix has recently sponsored the Dynamics 365 Saturday event. The first of its kind in South Africa. The event included a full day dedicated to a PowerApps workshop. Anyone can try it… give it a go!