Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) holds great benefits for an effective supply chain management strategy and the successful execution thereof. ERP allows for greater visibility into your business’ operations as well as providing increased production and turnaround times, greater employee efficiency and subsequently improved customer satisfaction.
By nature, supply chain management involves numerous suppliers, distributors and other role-players. Having an efficient ERP structure in place makes juggling all of these elements so much easier and can prevent things from slipping through the cracks. It can also prevent inefficiencies, reduce waste and combat losses.
Advantages of integrating your supply chain management strategy with your ERP solution includes:
- Automated workflow (resulting in operational and overhead costs being reduced)
- Supply chain solutions can be customised to suit the business’ unique needs
- Increased efficiency across the board, including amongst the numerous role-players within the supply chain
- Reduced production costs, with increased productivity
- Improved customer service due to faster turnaround times and more efficient functioning
- Improved customer retention and word-of-mouth referrals due to improved customer service
- Improved future prospects as customers are happy and product/service delivery is enhanced
- Fewer IT system errors and issues
- Improved IT functioning enhances the speed of tasks, increasing production and improving productivity
- A more streamlined process that flows better and works more productively
- And more
With more than 350 000 Microsoft Dynamics customers globally, in excess of 10 000 partners and more than 2700 solution add-on modules, Microsoft Dynamics has grown from strength to strength and provide customers with suitable ERP solutions, specific to their industry, requirements and nature of their business. In addition, providing customers with more tangible value with most Microsoft applications integrating to each other natively, further bolstering the Microsoft Value Proposition.
So how does ERP enhance Supply Chain Management (SCM)?
SCM operates within certain parameters concerning marketing channels, stock orders, promotions, inventory control and policies surrounding production and replenishment. ERP allows you to better manage these parameters and timeously adjust them where necessary.
Procurement and purchasing
Choosing a feature-rich ERP lotion means that you have better visibility and execution across the board when it comes to procurement, purchasing, warehousing, manufacturing, transportation and delivery processes and systems.
Monitoring and maintenance
Monitoring, reviewing and altering your supply chain means that you react to any issues in real-time, saving valuable time and saving money as you can resolve any issues before they escalate. This real-time input into supply chain activities and processes also means that improved customer service and competitiveness.
An ERP system that integrates all your systems makes it so much easier to make accurate assessments regarding your targets and projections, and checking actual performance against those. Your data is better organised, which means you are better organised.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a complete ERP software solution for mid-sized organisations that is fast to implement, easy to configure and simple to use. It is an accounting, manufacturing and supply chain management software solution that allows you to work across your business with a single simplified and consolidated view of your entire organisation.
As a preferred Microsoft partner, Resolve Immix can provide you with a custom-made ERP solution to enhance your supply chain management strategy and increase productivity. Contact us today!