While there are many business elements with the potential of affecting your company’s productivity and profitability negatively, it also means that there are many opportunities to turn a risk into an opportunity that can ultimately increase the efficiency and effectiveness of these elements, and guarantee a healthy return on investment.
If we look at how these elements can be turned into assets, the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics Field Services quickly pops up. We will determine how you can reduce costs in two parts, the first being revenue leakage and operational expenses, and the second being revenue leakage and human resources.
Revenue leakage and operational expenses
By saving on fuel, you almost immediately increase profit as this is one of the biggest expenses in field services. The key is to reduce the distance you drive, which also saves on vehicle maintenance, oil, tyres, etc. and ultimately the amount of vehicles you need to buy, house and maintain. Travel includes the actual travelling as well as all relating costs, e.g. accommodation, tolls, parking fees and taxis. Reducing the amount of travel reduces all these related costs.
- Intelligent routing provides the optimum route on the service requirements schedule, while ensuring that the right technician with the right skills, equipment and parts for the job is sent, which reduces the need for multiple service calls.
- Coordinating calls at locations near each other reduces travel time and distance and increases the productivity of the technician.
- The system looks at all the moving pieces in the service puzzle and calculates decisions that could not have been possible through human calculation.
- Less travelling thanks to more efficient route planning means less wear and tear on vehicles, reducing repair and replacement costs.
- Better route planning means that more jobs can be done while travelling the same distance, getting more revenue for the same mileage.
- The system can track maintenance and notify you when an oil change or tire rotation is due.
This is the reduction of lost or stolen inventory.
- The tracking of van stock is made simpler and easier. Parts can easily be moved from warehouse to truck, from truck to truck and from truck to customer. Due to the system being easy, the technicians will be more inclined to use it.
- Physical inventory of truck is simpler and easier, so it can be done more often and subsequently is a proactive approach to controlling stock loss.
- Part usage is captured in real-time, enabling real-time visibility into the content of a truck and where the technician is, which makes truck-to-truck transfers quicker and more efficient.
- Better trucking of parts in real-time allows for less inventory required per truck, reducing risk of loss or theft.
- The required checklist ensures that all parts that were used are captured.
- The barcode or RIFD scanner makes the technician’s life easier, which makes it more likely that technicians will use the system.
Microsoft Dynamics Field Services empowers customers to execute their field service management strategy by enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of valuable resources. Its set of configurable tools includes centralized scheduling and dispatching, native mobile apps, and integrated back-office functions. The Field Services solution improves customer satisfaction rates, enhances productivity, and drives revenue.
Revenue leakage happens more easily than we sometimes realise when it comes to billing. It may involve anything from not billing a job or task you should have billed for, late billing, performing warranty work without requesting reimbursement from the manufacturer or performing warranty work without the warranty still being in effect.
- Field service technicians can complete the billing while still in the field and use the required checklist that forces sequential behaviour to doublecheck that they have billed for everything they’ve done.
- The sequential nature of the system also means that you capture all the necessary paperwork before you can start billing, which eliminates missed or lost paperwork.
- The checking of warranties is part of the checklist and must be confirmed, so no reimbursement is overlooked and no repairs are made without a validity check.
Doing work not covered by warranty and not charging the customer, only for the manufacturer not paying for out-of-warranty work; or doing warranty work and not getting reimbursed is a waste of time and resources.
- Notification of whether required work is under warranty, including exactly what is covered by the warranty and costs of labour and parts not covered enables the dispatcher to get authorisation or PO form for the client before going on the call-out.
- If still under warranty, the required paperwork is generated to get reimbursement from manufacturer timeously.
- With refurbishment, the life of a piece of equipment can be tracked accurately.
Keep an eye out for Part 2 of this blog.
can save your business money across the board, while at the same time increasing the productivity of your field service technicians as well as the efficiency of your systems and procedures. Contact Resolve Immix today to improve the return on investment of your business.